Tuesday, July 17, 2012
Second day back to uni felt like a better start. Better start being my body & sleeping pattern has adapted to the 12pm sleep time & 6am start.
Started the day with an introduction to MECH3540 - Computational Fluid Dynamics & Finite Element Analysis given by a surprisingly good asian lecturer, Guan. You see with most asian lecturers i've encountered, 99% of them have a horrible accent along with their bad grammar while speaking. Because this guy was the exception, i felt a small liking to the subject, something i didn't think i had. So really, a good lecturer can make a huge difference. Also note this course was at one end of UNSW, the Law building.
The next lecture took place somewhere else. Guess where? Ya.. The other end of UNSW @ Biomed Theatre C. This time it was some american lecturer who's about mid 20s teaching Heat Transfer part of the MECH3610 course. He had some polls opened online and asked students to text their answer to the poll questions...yeah it was pretty cool.
So yah. There is a definite drop in students in 3rd year and was surprisingly evident once I got to sit in the lecture to notice the difference. Bam!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lol! I totally agree with Asian lecturers sounding fobby. Oh man :')
ReplyDeleteWhen I have American lecturers, I end up being fascinated with their accent. Kinda like Sophie's haha! Texting answers to polls sounds like voting for your fav idol. How fancy!
You haven't blogged in a while.