
I feel so great! My brother's ps3 had broken down for 3-4 days now and I knew of it but didn't have time. Thought to myself even if I did have time, I wouldn't know a thing. And a thing i didn't know! But it makes me happy I fixed it.
There was something wrong with the internal hard drive so I had to unscrew all these redundant screws to get the hard drive out. Once I got it out I had to shut down my own PC and borrow an ATA cable. After that I connected the ps3 hard drive to my brother's computer and then formatted it into a FAT32 format. Once that was done I downloaded the latest software from the PS3 website and just threw it into the USB and plug it in the PS3 but it didn't work.
Then I replugged the hard drive again but this time the computer didn't start up. So I had to use my iphone to google. Turned out the computer booted from the ps3 hard drive first so I had to changed that. So after further reading I had to create a folder inside a folder then put that update in THEN the update worked.
Omg, almost brought it to JBHIFI so they could send it to the Sony company or something and I didn't have warranty, even if i did i peeled the sticker off which said something like 'If you peel this off the warranty is voided' so yes. Money imaginably saved. :D
Can't explain how satisfied I am with myself just now. Something I thought was impossible for me to do, and I did it. Now I deserve some free lollies!
No comments:
Post a Comment